President Donald Trump said Saturday that the chances of reaching a peace agreement with Iran remain uncertain, describing the odds as a “solid 50/50” while warning that military action against the regime remains on the table.
Trump reportedly plans to decide within days whether negotiations with Tehran can move forward or if the United States should resume aggressive military operations against the Iranian regime.
Speaking ahead of meetings with envoy Steve Witkoff and adviser Jared Kushner, Trump revealed that a draft agreement had already been reviewed as negotiations continue behind closed doors.
“They’re getting a lot closer,” Trump told CBS News when asked about ongoing talks with Iran.
According to reports, negotiators from Pakistan and Qatar traveled to Tehran Friday in an effort to help broker a possible agreement between the United States and Iran amid growing tensions in the Middle East.
Trump also made clear that if diplomacy fails, military action remains a serious possibility.
The president warned Iran that failure to reach an agreement could result in devastating consequences for the regime, saying the United States could “blow them to kingdom come.”
The comments come as tensions continue surrounding Iran’s nuclear ambitions, regional proxy conflicts, and broader instability across the Middle East.
The White House has not yet released details regarding the contents of the proposed agreement or what conditions Iran may be demanding as part of negotiations.
Officials close to the talks reportedly expect a decision from Trump by May 24.



